Monday, May 27, 2013

New House Update

Looks like we are in the final leg of our journey to own a home again (see bucket list). 
Soon to be our kitchen
It has been so stressful during this process and I've felt so responsible for holding back the good intended for our lives. We had to sell our home in '05 after a long period of unemployment for Mike and have been renting since, moving T to new schools (even school districts) every couple of years for various reason. For a while now, the Lord has laid it upon our hearts to buy a home again, and the rates and such sure seemed to provide the right climate, but fear held me back and caused me to do (actually NOT do) things that are outside of my character. When we got notice in April that our rent was going to be raised and they wanted to new lease, I knew it was time. This house has been a blessing: large, in a great neighborhood, owned by family friends, and actually very affordable. We even hoped to buy it one day, needed repairs/updates and all.  But, our youngest really does not want to go the local high school after some bullying this year in 8th grade. So, it's time for change.

When I finally called about getting a VA loan, we were approved the first day and made an offer that weekend.  Liz Smith, Spicer and Associates, has been helping us and she's been a great realtor.  But we had this "two years taxes must be posted" hiccup so I've been suppressing excitement and worried it wouldn't fund.  Mike keeps telling me that if God wants us to have this house, it will all work out.

Fast forward --  All is GREAT -- our taxes posted (found out Friday right before going home)!!  Underwriting has one more question we have to satisfy but it looks like we are 99% going to close on Thursday!!  SO excited and grateful.  I'm especially grateful for your prayers and support.  

Looks like my June will be full of moving and settling.  

Hugs,
Shawnee
 ♪ Psalm 98:4   Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music.  
  Photobucket

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Congratulations! We just bought our first home last August, after LOTS of prayer and trying not to worry. We feel incredibly blessed, and I'm sure you feel the same.

I hope you can enjoy the moving process!

Quiltingranny said...

Shawnee we will keep praying, I now how this can affect one at times. I understand daughters bullying as we were forced to move due to our bullying neighbors. Now renting and very happy! Prayers for you and Mike and all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...