Sunday, December 07, 2008

Easy Gift - Chocolate Spoons

Here's a quick and easy gift idea for you. I made spoons like these for my nursery volunteers last week, and my co-CB Michelle brought in the wrappings and tags.


  • Two bags Candy Melts or Bark, one milk chocolate and one white chocolate (I had extra from my Red Velvet Cake Balls so used those)
  • Candy Sprinkles or Baking Sugar
  • 30-40 Heavy duty plastic spoons (I bought the multi-pack at Kmart for $6; I could have bought 300 for $10 at Costco, but I couldn't stand the thought of owning 300 spoons)
  • Waxed Paper or Roul-Pat
  • Cellophane bags or wrap
  • Coordinating ribbon

1. Lay out the Roul-Pat or waxed paper on large flat surface - my dining table was perfect since my counter space is non-existent.

2. In a microwaveable bowl, melt the milk chocolate candy according to manufacturers directions or use a double boiler.

3. Scoop each spoon into the chocolate, filling the bowl of the spoon, level the surface and set on pad/paper to cool. Check out a very efficient way to lay out the spoons. You'll be glad you did.


4. Next, melt the white chocolate as directed and place into decorating bag or ziploc baggy. If using the baggy, make a small snip in the corner for piping. Careful, the chocolate is HOT!

5. Since you laid out the spoons in tidy rows, it's now very easy to pipe decorative accents on your spoons. Be generous with the chocolate!

6. Before everything sets, add the baking sugar, sprinkles, etc.

7. Allow to harden for an hour or so (do not refrigerate or the chocolate with discolor), then package up real nice.

I forgot to take a picture of my finished product, but here's an idea of what your spoons can look like:

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Hi Shawnee!

I did get your awesome package, thank you so much! The apron is so perfect for me, and I loved everything else you included. You truly are amazing :) I'll post a picture in my blog as soon as I get a second to blog (and sorry this took me so long to send you a thank you as well!)

-Stacey

Yarni Gras! said...

I used to make these myself...they were ALWAYS a hit. I don't know why I stopped........hmmm...maybe THIS year I'll make some!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...