Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Secret Santa Swap

Okay, I REALLY, REALLY love Christmas and I adore surprises.  Every year, I have come to look forward to a swap present as my special little treat for all my hard work.  Swap sisters seem to understand how to give a special gift, just the kind to make you warm inside.  

So, that's the current swap I'm hosting!  Come join me!!  Click HERE to go to the entry post.

IF YOU ARE WILLING TO BRIGHTEN UP SOMEONE ELSE'S HOLIDAY, let me know.  I have a small list of gals who cannot participate that I would like to bless with a package this season.  Or, I encourage you to send an extra Secret Santa box to someone you know that needs some cheer this season.


Shawnee's Secret Santa Swap Questionnaire
  1. What are your hobbies?  Sewing, crocheting, READING, cooking, movies, new Cricut owner!
  2. What are your favorite colors? red & white
  3. Do you collect anything? Russian nesting dolls, Mary Engelbreit goodness, cherries, aprons, cookbooks, cute bags
  4. Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? I'm allergic to cats, even though we have Ollie (I pay for cuddles)
  5. Do you have any pets? Ollie the tabby cat, and Apollo the great dane/mastiff mix
  6. Coffee, Tea, or Chocolate? I really prefer raspberry iced tea .... no coffee, SOMETIMES tea, milk chocolate is my weakness
  7. What do you like to read? Christian novels, culinary mysteries (Dianne Mott Davidson, etc), crafting magazines, anything my DD is reading (so I read a lot of YA)
  8. Do you prefer Cookies or Candies as a sweet? I love homemade cookies
  9. What is your favorite holiday treat? Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars (I have the recipe), Russian Tea Cookies
  10. Describe your favorite holiday tradition.  I love our annual Christmas drama at church, going to church as a family, and also driving around to see lights
  11. Did you believe in Santa as a child?  No.  Sad story ... my parents grew up in the depression and adopted me (and then my brother) later in life.  They didn't want me to believe in a lie that hurt them so much when they were younger.  Santa didn't visit them and they were always so sad at Christmas.  So I never was allowed to believe in Santa.  I didn't make the same mistake with my kiddos.  Santa is the mystery of Christmas and encourages giving to others with no thought of something in return.  It's also why MUST remember to give to others less fortunate, because every child deserves a Merry Christmas, even if their parents cannot provide one.  
  12. When do you open presents?  Christmas Eve, then Santa gifts and stockings in the AM.
  13. Do you put up a tree and when?  If not, how do you celebrate? We usually put up trees in the first weekend of December.  Last year, we had four I think .... the kitchen tree is all red ornaments, the entry tree has unbreakables and jingle bells (the dog's tail is a dangerous thing when guests arrive), there's a small white tree in the bathroom, and then the family tree is a HUGE 10-foot rotating tree that is stuffed full of ornaments collected over the years.  *sigh* I love Christmas, and my husband is a dear to indulge me.  Oh, and they are all artificial because Mike is allergic!
  14. Does your tree have a theme? (see above)
  15. What has been your favorite gift to give?  to receive?  Oh, I stink at choosing a "favorite" .... why did I write this question?  I do love presents that are homemade or a surprise because of the thought that went into it.




Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...