Monday, November 07, 2011

Day 1 - RESET and the Healthy Edge

So, today was my first day on my 8-week Healthy Edge journey. I'm kicking it off with the USANA RESET plan, five days of meal replacement shakes, nutrition bars, fruits and veggies. I'm also committing to at least 5-days a week of exercising at least 45 minutes.
On this Monday, I just focused on actually following the plan -- eating every 2.5-3 hours, NOT snacking outside the plan (which is HUGE for me; I'm a mindless grazer), and drinking my 80 ounces of water. I was also nervous about the shakes and bars -- what if they taste like chalk or sawdust?!? (I've heard horror stories from other programs.) Thank goodness, they are actually tasty! The bars even feel like I'm chewing on a candy bar (which may not be good for my mindset that candy is okay but my taste buds were sure happy). It was a little strange not having the same dinner as everyone else, but my shake and bowl of strawberries were yummy.

Other than going to restroom more than usual (sorry, TMI), this first day was surprisingly easy. I know it helped that I hemmed my day in prayer, submitting this entire process to the Lord. And I know my coach, Rhonda Kay Leonard, is praying for me, too.

Keep tuning in and follow my progress.  I would love to hear YOUR tips and tricks for staying healthy.



Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...