Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Temptation Managed

I sidestepped a major temptation today and I'm feeling good.

I had to buy refreshments yesterday for someone else's meeting and was told that the group didn't do "healthy". So, cookies and chips it was. Alas, I made the major mistake of buying one of my favorite bakery cookies, triple chocolate chewies. That rotten group DID NOT EAT ALL THEIR SNACKS. I had to clean up the meeting room before I left for the day and a whole tray of cookies were left, including SEVERAL of my favs. I did eat half of one yesterday, and then forgot about them.

Today was MAJOR stress at work and then I realized that the wrapped tray of cookies was still in our work room ... calling my name .... I finally asked my co-workers to PLEASE take care of the cookies or I would eat them all. And they did. And I didn't!
I also had it confirmed that I am a major stress eater. My lunch was filling (grilled chicken, green salad with avocado) and, since giving up soda pop, I haven't really had a snacking urge. Stressful situation hits at work, and I feel like I need to eat a whole bunch of "goodies" ... I didn't but I can't believe how strong the urge was. I said a prayer, grabbed a fresh glass of ice water and a cup of ice and enjoyed half a can of Starbucks Energy+Coffee drink (100 cals). All better!



Phew!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you, your a stronger woman than me, triple chocolate!

Paula said...

Yeah! Good for you not only for resisting but for recogninzing that you're a stress eater. I'm a late afternoon-got-the-drowsy's-eater. Maybe one of those starbuck drinks would be just the thing...

Karen said...

I'm an emotional eater. Happy, sad, stressed, bored. You name the emotion..I'll name the snack. It's awesome that you are pushing through this! I know the prayer helped :) You are so brave to do this and I know you'll be successful!

Jaybird and Me said...

Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for coming to visit me, I am returning the visit! I am a stress eater too! Have a good Sunday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...