Saturday, April 24, 2010

Pioneer Woman Came to Portland

We Met Ree!!

Last Monday, T did not have school so I had arranged to take the day off of work for some fun together. Imagine my excitement when I found out that The Pioneer Woman was coming to town on her book signing tour the same day! T and I made an adventure of it!!

The official signing time was 6pm, so we headed over there around 3:30pm -- I had heard about LONG lines everywhere else so I didn't even know if that would be early enough. Powell's did a nice job of crowd control. When we arrived at 4pm, there were already about 100 people in line ahead of us. So, we waited in line to get a book signing ticket and a chance to sit in the chairs set up for her presentation. Two gals from my Supper Swapping Group, the Chill MAMAs, were planning on attending, too. Patricia had several friends from work who arrived ahead of us, but poor Carey wouldn't get off of work until 5pm. So, once we got our tickets -- mine was number 125 and they started at 20 -- Patricia sat with her other friends while T and I were able to save a seat for Carey, even though we were already in the third to last row of seats. We couldn't get her a signing ticket, though. When Carey finally made it around 5:25, she was given ticket #345 or something like that.

Ree had a little GPS issue and so arrived about 6:15 or so. What a cutie! Very sweet and down to earth, she spoke just a smidge and then spent about 15 minutes or so with questions and answers. Yes, she sang for us! Yes, there is a movie option for her story! Yes, Reese Witherspoon has expressed interest! Ree says that she spends about 4 hours a day on website stuff, which I found interesting.

Once the signing began, it took about an hour before it was my turn (they called us in groups of 10). Carey didn't want to be at the store until 10 at night, so gave me her book and took pictures for me. Thanks Carey. It was a fun night!!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I wish I could go to a PW book signing too!

Our Little Blessings said...

I had fun too! Thanks for saving me a seat and getting my book signed! Ummm, you could take one of those pictures of me off your blog though. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...