Sunday, January 04, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 1/5/09

I am doing major freezer eating this week, using dinners made by the Chill MAMAs group/Fix, Freeze, Feast cookbook. Having a full freezer is certainly easier on the January budget!

Monday
1/5 - Breakfast for Dinner: Hashbrown, eggs and bacon (all low-fat, of course)
Tuesday 1/6 - Honey Glazed Chicken Thighs with mixed veggies and rice **Chill MAMAs
Wednesday 1/7 - Urban Garlic Chicken from my Chill MAMAs group/Fix, Freeze, Feast Cookbook Carryover from last week 'cause I forgot to defrost!
Thursday 1/8 - Baked Ziti **Chill MAMAs
Friday 1/9 - Pecan Crusted Chicken Strips, Onion Rings and Yellow Squash **Chill MAMAs
Saturday 1/10 - Cam's Ribs **Chill MAMAs
Sunday 1/11 - Tatum's Birthday - Spaghetti with Mozzarella Meatballs, Green Salad and Birthday Cake!

Also, MPMers, please consider yourself invited to join my apron swap with Lucy, Sassy Flirty Apron Swap. We have giveaways GALORE scheduled and sign-ups end Friday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hubby here with a thought or two. Low fat bacon? uhhh, yeah. I am guessing there was some tongue in cheek humor there. Good thing I'll be there to shred the potatoes so there won't be any calories left in them, and whip those eggs into fat free submission.

Sorry for acting the ham. Sometimes it really gets me in a pickle. :-)
I know it was a punny funny.
Best of a new year to all who read here in.
Shawnee's other (and younger) half.
-M

Yarni Gras! said...

funny, we have the same idea. I am going to only buy milk, eggs and salad fixins for the month of January. The rest has to come from the freezer or pantry and cupboard. I want to start 09 off with a CLEAN freezer and pantry :-)

Anonymous said...

Hubby here again with an update on the menu so far.

The "low-fat" Breakfast- Ha! Best I could do was bake the bacon. Lets face it the eggs are eggs. Ours were scrambled by request. The hash browns were quite good and high octane.
Round 2, Honey Glazed Chick. One of my fav's so far this week. Veggies and rice were substituted out for Red Cabbage (German style) and butternut squash (w/butter and brown sugar).
Tonight is the Urban Chick, with Couscous, and vegies.
More later, M

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...