Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm a procrastinator

I'm so sad to admit that I have procrastinated! My supper swap group is meeting tomorrow night and, while I bought the ingredients, I hadn't made all my meals yet! Then, apparently my outside refrigerator runs very cold, because my whole "refrigerated" chickens I bought yesterday were frozen tonight! My marinade just had to go on top instead of under the skin of the Urban Garlic Chicken. Now, I'm blogging while my Mozzarella Meatballs are baking; I'm on batch three so only three to go. Then, quickly whip up the sauce, distribute among the meals and freeze. No problem-o. Sleep? That's a little less likely, since Mike will wake me up around 4am to wrap his legs ... can you spell caffeine?

Too bad I don't like coffee. I've been longing this week for the jolt it seems everyone gets; I'm really tempted to try and force some down. I'll just have to settle for my Diet Pepsi but it's not been very helpful waking me up. I think there's one out that there with extra caffeine ... oh yeah, Pepsi MAX ... I need stock up on that.

In addition to late nights, Little T has just started Strings at school, which means I need to drive her in an hour early two days a week. I may not be a super-early riser, but SHE really isn't! I hope the class times won't become a deal breaker. She loves music and I really want her to support her desire to learn the viola. But, my 9yo HATES waking up at 6am!

2 comments:

misskp said...

Your meals sound delicious, Shawnee! I really need to get a group together here to share the freezer cooking idea! Sounds like you are really busy and up early in the am....I heard something that I love. "The morning has secrets to tell." The idea is that our minds are open and ready to learn and receive inspiration best in the morning. I try to hold onto that whenever I'm up super early!!!
Love ya!

Shawnee said...

That's a great saying, Karen. I'll be listening ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...