Saturday, September 27, 2008

Busy September

I cannot believe it is already the end of September! This has been a month full of back to school, new activities, busy/busy at work, volunteering at church and crafting lots. Little T has joined several new activities and we'll see which ones "stick" - tennis lessons, choir after school, viola lessons start soon, and we're also trying out the local Taekwando dojo. I didn't remember fourth grade being such a key year but I guess it is! Oh, and girl scouts will start again next month. We had some problems with finding a meeting time that would work and I almost started a new troop at our school, but then it's worked out that I'll help with her current troop and half will meet after school/half in the evenings.

I forget how tired I am after work when it's also dark and cold out ... I don't really have energy to do as much as I would like to so a lot of things get packed into the weekend. Today I need to: clean the house and do laundry; sew up aprons (for the swapbot Recycle swap, Wizard of Oz birthday gift, winner of the Name My Dummy contest); craft for my We the People partner who wants something to hold fabric scraps; complete and mail my Pay It Forwards; I owe someone at Swapbot an amigurumi cupcake; I must prebake breakfast casseroles for church in the AM; plus post updates and hunt down aprons from the Flirty Apron Swap! Oh, and make a meal for my friend who just adopted a baby. Good thing I don't need to sleep!!

My Supper Swap group has been a wonderful success! We met earlier this month and exchanged all our frozen meals. I took a large cooler full of 12 meals I made to a member's home (six Sweet Asian Chicken and six Cams Ribs), and brought home 12 different yummy meals! So far, my family has enjoyed the Chicken Parmigiana and Margarita Pork Chops. Our group name is the "Chill MAMAs" cause we swap frozen food and we are Make Ahead Meal Artists! Check out the new blog I created for us to post menus, share pictures, etc.

I also am part of the Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap 6 (I think I'm in the minority of Christians who don't think Harry Potter is inheritently evil), and that's been a fun little game. We've created alter egos (I'm Lavender Ollivander) and are having "duels" (racing to finish patterns and sending it before your partner's item reaches you), posting quizzes and scavenger hunts, and this morning I woke up early to try and hunt the Golden Snitch on another participant's blog. Good thing I'm more of a morning person now than I used to be.

Well, I better get off the computer and boot the laundry on! Enjoy your weekend!!

2 comments:

Cynthia Matzat said...

I understand your feelings of stress. My week seemed similar. :) I love the idea of your meal swap group. Wish we lived in the same area - I'd join up in a heartbeat. And don't worry, you are not the only Christian who likes Harry Potter. It happens to be one of my very favorites. Hope next week levels off for you a bit.

Paula said...

I feel for you! For some silly reason, I thought September was going to be more of a laid-back month for us with some time to enjoy our yard, do some hiking and such, but instead has been completely crazy!! That Hogwarts sock swap sounds like alot of fun~

I received my flirty apron yesterday, but had cleaned up my email box to much and no longer have your email address for some reason. DANG IT!! Can you please shoot me an email at paulaniz67@yahoo.com so that I can do what I'm supposed to do. Sorry!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...