Saturday, February 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, T2

Well, twenty-two years ago, I was hanging out at Sunnyside Kaiser Hospital with my newborn daughter. We had just moved into our first home the day before and my water broke just as I sat down on the couch to watch the 11 o'clock news before tumbling into our freshly made bed. I remember bursting into tears, because I was young and knew what the night ahead held before I could hold my dear baby. We had no phone service yet and it was pre-cell phones, so Mike drove to my parent's house so my mom could come as stay with our youngest so we could drive forty minutes to the hospital. It was, of course, a bit icy for our long drive, too.Some days, being a parent can still bring me to tears but I love and cherish my babies. My sincere prayer is for a restored relationship among all my children, and that they all grow up to be God-loving honorable adults. You're on your way, darling!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...