Thursday, November 01, 2007

TMI - Expensive Car Trouble

Hi dear friends,

I'm home again today with laryngitis and feeling icky. Plus, I've had bad money news so am scrambling trying to figure out how to earn extra funds. I've sent out a few emails to try and get some meal sessions scheduled since that works best. I definitely need to slow down on the swaps, or Christmas will be slim pickin's!

My 2003 VW Passat wagon had to go for repair on Tuesday. We had a recall to address and then the clutch/transmission has been going downhill quickly ... no power on hills, revving instead of engaging properly, and I asked them to check out a funny noise that I hear when turning right. What a doozy that turned out to be. The dealership called back to say the clutch repair would be $1200 to $1500, plus they found a leak into something-or-other that would be another $500 - and didn't even address the steering noise yet. After we picked up our jaws (Mike and I were both home on Tuesday), he started calling around for a better price on the clutch repair. Within a couple of hours, we had a $650 quote so we picked our car up in Gladstone and v-e-r-y c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y drove it to Clackamas. The gal in the Service Dept must work on commission, because she was not happy with us. So, Clutch Doctors worked on the Passat yesterday and also found my noise problem ... two cracked wheel hubs with all the grease leaked out, so those had to be replaced along with both axles! Yuck!! It ended up costing almost $1100 and just makes me sick. Mike is right, though, I can't be without a safe car. I hate money and I hate cars -- both necessary evils!

Thanks for letting me vent.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Shawnee, I'm sorry you're feeling bad and having car issues -- you're in my thoughts and prayers... just know that you'll be cheered a little when my package finally arrives at your home! Should be any day now!

-- Your SP11 pal :)

Dorothy said...

The guy who changes my oil said to me once - "You always look so annoyed when you're here." I explained that I washed the car, and put gas in it, and I thought after that, the car should take care of itself!

I'm so sorry you have to put all that money up right before Christmas. Good luck getting some meal sessions!

lauriec said...

Hugs! We had to put a new transmission into hubby's car last year. It was terrible!

More hugs for the laryngitis! I've had it twice & it's no fun!

vegasangelbrat said...

I'm here finally and OH, Sorry for your car troubles..why we work on our own :) We just have to put money out for everything else..lol but you do need to be safe when on the road. Will send thoughts & Prayers your way and hope that money making ideas come through...if you have any to share let me know, I could use it too :)

DaCraftyLady said...

Oh no..so sorry to hear of the car trouble. Its hard when the trans goes, my hubby had to have his replaced last year on his truck...yuck...and I hope you feel better...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...