- Are you religious? Yes, conservative Christian
- How long have you been knitting? Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced? I'm a beginner knitter
- Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting? I'm an advanced crocheter, and also love to read, watch movies, find new recipes and kick back with family
- Favorite color(s)? I love ALL colors ... red and black, pink with brown, all shades of white
- Do you collect anything? I have several collections: David Winter cottages, Mary Engelbreit items, pocket dragons, danish candleholders
- Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? I'm allergic to cats but have always had them!
- Do you have any pets? Yes: a white American Eskimo (Ringo), a young tabby (Ollie), and a beta fish - Rainbow
- Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate? My drink of choice is soy hot chocolate with whipped cream, or soy chai tea
- Cookies or Sweets? I enjoy Russian tea cakes, and chocolate/caramel candies
- Do you knit socks? No, but I so WISH I could
- If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits) My first knit project is still on the needles, a red scarf. I love to felt bags and that's my craft of choice right now.
- Do you put up a Christmas tree? If not then what do you do? We love the tree. Due to allergies, we can't do a real tree, so the good news is I can put it up early and now worry about it dying on me! I love to leave the tree up until Twelfth Night/Epiphany or beyond!
- Favorite holiday treats? Homemade anything!
- Favorite holiday smells? Spiced cider, pine tree, eggnog
- Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Please elaborate. Very traditional Christian holiday celebration ... family, church, presents, giving to others.
- What are your favorite holiday traditions? Open one package on Christmas Eve, go to late church, then open bunches more gifts at home. Santa comes, too, so there are a few more gifts in the morning but we don't get up a oh-dark-thirty then. Big breakfast cooked by hubby, and try to stay in jammies as long as possible. Oh, I must watch It's a Wonderful Life!
- Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about....” Making others feel the joy of Jesus love through me and my family; giving to others is what is important.
- If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….? One of the angels at the top of the tree, watching over everyone.
- What was your favorite gift you've ever received? Or given? We received amazing outpouring of love from our church for two Christmases when my husband was unemployed. That time, which one of our most difficult, will be treasured in my heart forever.
- When do you start your Christmas? I think about it all year, buying little things (and sometimes forgetting where I hid them). Then, I begin decorating right after Thanksgiving and put up a bit more throughout the month. Unfortunately, that makes for a LOT of stuff to put away afterwards! LOL!!!
- Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them? My card-sending is very sporadic. I BUY them every year but don't always seem to get them into the mail! Hopefully I will this year ... we've moved so I really need to send early.
- What is your favorite Christmas dish? Scalloped Potatoes and Honey Glazed Ham
- Carolers are at your door. What do you do? Close the door on my messy living room and step onto the porch to listen. Then invite them on in for treats, mess and all - it's Christmas!!
- When do you open presents? Christmas eve or Christmas morning? Both!
- Do you celebrate with family or friends or both? Mostly family, small as it is. We don't have a lot of close friends who leave near but want to make more.
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Christmas Around the World Questionnaire