- What are your hobbies? Sewing, crocheting, READING, cooking, movies,finding healthy recipes
- What are your favorite colors? red & white
- Do you collect anything? Russian nesting dolls, cherries, aprons, cookbooks, cute bags
- Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? I'm allergic to cats, even though we have Ollie and Chong (I pay for cuddles with sneezing a lot)
- Do you have any pets? Ollie and Chong the tabby cats, and Apollo the great dane/mastiff mix
- Coffee, Tea, or Chocolate? I really prefer raspberry iced tea .... Kcups of Cappuccino (not straight coffee), SOMETIMES tea, milk chocolate is my weakness
- What do you like to read? Christian novels, culinary mysteries (Dianne Mott Davidson, etc), crafting magazines, anything my DD is reading (so I read a lot of YA)
- Do you prefer Cookies or Candies as a sweet? I love homemade cookies
- What is your favorite holiday treat? Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars (I have the recipe), Russian Tea Cookies/Mexican wedding cookies (you know, the round balls rolled in powdered sugar)
- Describe your favorite holiday tradition. I love our annual Christmas drama at church, going to church as a family, and also driving around to see lights
- Did you believe in Santa as a child? No. Sad story ... my parents grew up during the depression and adopted me (and then a brother for me) later in life. They didn't want me to believe in a lie that hurt them so much when they were younger. Santa didn't visit them and they were always so sad at Christmas. So I never was allowed to believe in Santa. I didn't make the same mistake with my kiddos. Santa is the mystery of Christmas and encourages giving to others with no thought of something in return. It's also why MUST remember to give to others less fortunate, because every child deserves a Merry Christmas, even if their parents cannot provide one.
- When do you open presents? Christmas Eve, then Santa gifts and stockings in the AM.
- Do you put up a tree and when? If not, how do you celebrate? We usually put up trees in the first weekend of December. Last year, we had four I think .... the kitchen tree is all red ornaments, the entry tree has unbreakables and jingle bells (the dog's tail is a dangerous thing when guests arrive), there's a small white tree in the bathroom, and then the family tree is a HUGE 10-foot rotating tree that is stuffed full of ornaments collected over the years. *sigh* I love Christmas, and my husband is a dear to indulge me. Oh, and they are all artificial because Mike is allergic! We moved this past summer, so I need to figure out WHERE all my trees will live. My 10-foot rotating tree does take up quite a bit of floor space .... what a fun problem!
- Does your tree have a theme? (see above)
- What has been your favorite gift to give? to receive? Oh, I stink at choosing a "favorite" .... why did I write this question? I do love presents that are homemade or a surprise because of the thought that went into it.
Sunday, November 03, 2013
Secret Santa Swap Questionnaire
This is one of my favorite times of year, my Secret Santa Swap. I love to host swaps and love getting happy mail. Here are my answers for my partner.