Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Happy New Year


Well, hello dear bloggy friends! I've been so busy with family, holiday fun, crafting and such that I've neglected my poor personal blog. I'm going to try to get back to chronically my family fun, crafting, reading, and other non-Apronista pursuits. =) 

I went back to work today (boo) after being off since the Friday before Christmas. I was only planning on working half-days this week since my youngest is still off school, but just as well since I got a call that our boiler wasn't operating yet. It was only 41 degrees in the office when my co-worker arrived. They did finally get the boiler started but the temp was only 53 when I left at 11:30am. Brrrr!!! I hustled home to give my hubby his car in time for him to drive TriMet since our oldest daughter is using my Edge while her car is in the shop this week. 

As for crafting, I'm still finishing my daughter's Christmas afghan (slow one, I am, on this one), just finishing a crochet cowl for another daughter, and finished knitting my first cowl for me, of my own (VERY SIMPLE) pattern. In swaps, just signed up for Yellow Grey Goodness swap of crochet afghan squares on Ravelry. The yellows and greys are such fresh colors right now. I've been pinning this combo for quite a while -- come check out my Yellow and Grey Bliss Pinterest board! I'm always getting ready for a new and different kind of apron swap, where we all use the same fat quarter in our aprons. A wonderful graphic designer, Patricia Shea, is working with me so I hope to have sign-ups soon for a Valentine-theme stunner.

Speaking of swaps, I was in a fun Christmas Ornament Swap hosted by Yarnigras this year.  Look at the adorable ornies I received:
IMAG1003 IMAG1001 IMAG1000 IMAG0998 IMAG0995 IMAG0993

Wasn't I just so blessed with cute ornaments?  I'm not sure who they are each from but I love them all.  Our tree is still up but I need to pack these babies up this weekend.  Although, our youngest wants me to leave the lighted trees up for her birthday next week.  We've finally settled on a Snowflake-themed sleepover and I'm still trying to talk her out of the trees, so we will see who wins this one.  I've posted my Snowflake ideas on Pinterest HERE if you're interested in what we are mulling about.

Let's see if I can also get back to menu planning and exercising, while I'm feeling so motivated!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Quiltingranny said...

I am still working on hubbies Christmas quilt. I gave the top to him with the pieces all cut out and a poetic promise to finish it!
However, the kids and I just took up the 1 mile walk a day challenge and right now it takes priority.
Next week school starts, so I can work on it then! Happy New Year my friend!

val said...

Hey! Happy New Year! I love that you posted the ornies. My post is scheduled for this week...thank YOU for the wee bird nest!
I'm thinking it's time for a swap or at the very least, a CRAFT ALONG!!!!!!

val said...

oops...forgot to say. Tried the "NO PEEK BEEF TIPS" recipe on pinterest and they totally ROCK. just follwed the rules (used h20, not gingerale) and they were devoured!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...