Saturday, October 27, 2012

Checking in and sharing a couple of swaps

Well hello out there.  I'm not sure why I'm going through such a blogging drought, but I feel so out of touch with everyone.  Sure, I've been busy but I'm always busy.  No major illnesses or problems, just lost my oomph somehow.  I've even taken a ton of pictures that I wanted to share and then .... I'm sucked into Pinterest, watch a show on TV and head to bed.  BORING!

Anyway, I'm feeling an energy burst and want to get back into blogging life!  Here are two or three fun things I've found -- but tell me what else I'm missing out there ...

My friend Val is hosting her Annual Homemade Christmas Ornament Swap.  Sign up ends TODAY TOMORROW 10/28, but there's still time to email her.  We will be making five ornaments and sending them to Val with return shipping postage, and then get back a surprise package of five ornaments -- COOL, huh??

I've hosted apron swaps for years (at least 20 of them), but only hosted ONE swap so far this year.  However, that about to change -- because I love Christmas.  I'm still finalizing the details but watch for sign up to participate in my third annual Secret Santa Swap. A simple swap with only three requirements (something to read, something for the tree, and something to eat or drink) - at least one handmade item.  The fun part - I challenge you to include one gift for each letter needed to spell out a word from the season (SNOW, JOY, FAITH, LOVE, HOPE, GIFT, TREE, JESUS, STAR, SANTA, etc). We've done this last the two years and it was SO MUCH FUN! Of course, the perfect gift for an "A" is an APRON.

Around the house, I still need to put out a pumpkin for Halloween -- this particular holiday isn't really my thing but I love seeing the kiddos having fun so can't wait for next Wednesday night. And I HAVE to finish my son's Skyrim Helmet so he can wear it to work!

Well, better run, put dinner in the crockpot, and get going about my day.  (Plus the laundry room is overflowing ... guess that means I better start my fancy red machines!)  Hope you have a terrific weekend!
Photobucket

1 comment:

val said...

thanks for sharing my swap. Yours sounds like fun....although I am glad "supercalifragilistic expialidocious" is NOT a Christmas word!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...