Saturday, December 04, 2010

Fun Saturday - Christmas Countdown Day 4

This is a wonderfully clear and beautiful Saturday. It started with me opening up matchbox #4 in my Christmas Countdown. This beaut came from Elena of The Traveling Princess, in its precious little sack.


I adore this crystal and must find a chain for it!!

I also finished decorating my table for the Women's Christmas Dessert and Drama at my church, Rolling Hills Community Church in Tualatin, OR. This is my place setting -- red charger, paper doily, glass plate, utensils with candy cane ribbon, and these lovely fabric boxes I found with a red/white ornament inside and the story of the candy cane (with the matching candy cane on top).

Here's my candy cane vase ... now I think I need to add MORE flowers. It was tricky to put together and cost an arm and a leg, but I like it! The flanking displays are two candle sticks from the Dollar Store with two globes glued atop, filled with candies and then tealight on top.
Here's my finished table. I love the books displayed, "The Candymaker's Gift" and "Legend of the Candy Cane". My friend from work, Vicki, lent me her bottle brush trees for the perfect pop of red.

We're also at the Girl Scout Bazaar today ... everything handmade by the girls and nothing more expensive than $5. GREAT for kiddos' Christmas shopping.

Then we get to have dessert tonight and then the wonderful drama, "A Crown Theater Christmas." Hope YOU enjoy some Christmas fun this weekend!!
Photobucket

4 comments:

The kat"s tale said...

You are hired!

genie said...

Your Christmas tree box and your table decorations are lovely.What a festive pose. Happy Holidays from Genie.

Sherry said...

Everything looks so nice! I have one of your matchboxes today. I LOVE it! It is so creative and unique! Thank you!!!

Sherry

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

You've really gotten some creative gifts in your matchboxes! LOVE the dream prism & the bingo piece dangly...they're both great ideas! Enjoy the season!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...