Monday, March 23, 2009

Daybook Entry 3/23/09

Outside my window...
Clean and cold spring day. I actually heard an emergency vehicle siren which I NEVER hear on our country road, so that was a bit jarring.

I am thinking...
about what joyful things we can do this Spring Break week. I have the entire week off and I don't want to waste a minute.

I am thankful for...
my sweet family. I think both college-age girls will be up today to spend time with the family.

From the kitchen...
I'm off to make Banana Crumb Muffins as a warm and yummy treat. I'll also fill the crockpot so we can play today and have dinner when we get home.

I am wearing...
cozy sweats. I supposed I should get dressed in a minute. (tee-hee)

I am creating...
more aprons. I'm behind with THREE aprons and have three more due within the week. One is for a special little girl and my DD has a design in mind - she will be assisting in sewing, too.

I am going...
to find adventure today!

I am reading...
NOTHING! Not exactly true, I have several books on my nightstand but none of are capturing my mind. I do have two books from a friend at work that I know I'll be sucked into once I begin.

I am hoping...
that my hubby's leg wound finishes healing, and the my brother and family make some sound decisions that are firmly in God's plan.

I am hearing...
the soft breathing of my middle daughter as she sleeps on the couch behind me. I miss that girl!

Around the house...
there are signs of projects in progress, laundry needing done and lots of opportunities for freshening. I wish I'd win a lottery or something! A fairy godmother would be nice, too.

One of my favorite things...
is having a slow family day.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday is family fun day, Tuesday a little work and a visit to the Humane Society (working on a Girl Scout badge), Thursday supper swap in the evening, Sunday nursery community builder (5th week).

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
I love how the trees on the coast adapt to their windy environment, but stay strong and beautiful.

For more inspiration, visit: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Kebi Cedawna said...

I always love these posts. thanks for sharing. I'm back to school and work from Spring Break today. Hope you enjoy your time with your kids

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...