Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentines Teacher Treats

Well, I'm slowly coming back to the land of the living. My whole family has been sick and I got hit at work on Monday. Wow, I'm getting a flu shot next year.

So, this week really passed by in a fog and today is the Valentine's party at school. T did all her own cards while I was semi-comatose on the couch. However, after working yesterday, I realized I should at least get her some candies to go with her cards, and then remembered her teacher and the school secretaries. I saw this cute tutorial online from Kris at JesseKate Designs one day this week, and knew I just had to make these sweeties!!

I stopped at Goodwill and Deseret Industries last night and found the sundae glasses. A quick trip to Walmart (sorry!) and I found candies. The original tute called for styrofoam, taffies and a glue gun - but I saw someone else who made popcorn balls to simulate the whipped topping. At the store, I was jazzed to find Cotton Candy in the Easter (already) aisle. PERFECT! They didn't have Pixie Stix (what's with that) but did have cute straws.

So, after dinner, I sterilized the glasses, laid the straws in place, filled the glasses with assorted candies, a tuft of cotton candy and topped with a chocolate foil heart. I just used Saran wrap and a ribbon to help in transport.

Aren't they cute??

3 comments:

Kebi Cedawna said...

They are really cute, that's a great idea. I like how you used the nice glass sundae glasses, what a way to recycle and reuse!

Kris said...

WOW!!! I am so impressed! I love that you took the tutorial and made a great spin on it! What a fabulous idea- the cotton candy! I bet the teachers are going to go crazy! I'm so glad you were able to make this and I appreciate the "shout-out!"

Teresa Pomerantz said...

The cotten candy was awesome for these! I was the one who made the popcorn balls- I think cotten candy would have been less messy- and the saran wrap and ribbon look awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...