Sunday, January 11, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 1/12/09

We are once again doing major freezer eating this week, using dinners made by my Chill MAMAs group using primarily recipes from the Fix, Freeze, Feast cookbook. Having a full freezer is certainly easier on the January budget! Oh, and don't forget to wear a flirty apron while cooking!! Join my Flirty Valentine Apron Sew Along!!

Monday
1/12 - Pecan Crusted Chicken Strips (holdover from last week) **Chill MAMAs
Tuesday 1/13 - Cam's Ribs (another holdover) **Chill MAMAs
Wednesday 1/14 - Apple Cranberry Pork Roast **Chill MAMAs
Thursday 1/15 - Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry with Brown Rice **Chill MAMAs
Friday 1/16 - Chicken Parmigiana **Chill MAMAs
Saturday 1/17 - Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings (recipe below)
Sunday 1/18 - Crockpot Beef Stew


Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
2 10.75-ounce cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 14-ounce can chicken broth
1 onion, finely diced
1 10-ounce package refrigerated biscuit dough

Place the chicken, butter, soup, broth and onion in slow cooker. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on high. One hour before serving, open biscuits. Roll each one to be about 1/4-inch thick and cut into 1/2-inch strips. Add to the slow cooker, laying on top of chicken and liquid. Overlapping strips of dough will occur. Continue cooking until the dough is no longer raw in the center, about 1 hour. Note: Dough will not cook into biscuits as you might think. It will become like traditional dumplings. Serves: 6 to 8.

3 comments:

Quiltingranny said...

Shawnee, thanks for the continued posts on this. I took the jump this month to start and have a great head start:
All onions chopped and frozen, bell peppers, chicken cooked, HB meat pre-cooked and several casseroles. I actually have enjoyed cooking again and yes, I wear one of my beautiful aprons! You are an inspiration!

Kristen said...

I am jealous that you have so many things already made. I am cleaning out my freezer, but I have to make everything from scratch.

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

Shawnee, I am still on vacation and just checked my email. Wanted to make sure you got my return email that I got my partner.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...