Saturday, August 11, 2007
This is my first SP swap, so I am VERY excited. Here's more than you would ever want to know about lil' ol' me:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Bamboo is wonderful to work with. There is a yarn that I really want, Karaoke #306 by Southwest Trading ... I need two or three skeins for a new felted bag and haven't found a supplier yet. I have a closet full of acrylics and novelty yarns that I don't care to use. I've found that if I'm to invest my time and energy into a project, I want it to be quality. However, acrylic does have its place with kids washable things....
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Lots of places .. but I never have enough! I have some fun holders from other swaps including homemade hook roll, incense and candy tubes.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've learned to knit three or four times, but still haven't finished one project. I get frustrated because I'm so slow so go back to crochet. There's still hope for me yet.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yep ... http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=yourlists_pop_1/002-8203343-0672834
5. What's your favorite scent?
I don't wear perfume, but love lightly scented candles like peach and melon. My favorite lotion is Hempz, which actually smells wonderful and absorbs quickly.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Big time sweet tooth ... I love chocolate with caramel and nuts best.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I sew and am learning to bead a smidge; I also want to try kool-aid dying wool. No spinning though.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love Christian pop and gospel, country, jazz, classical, Josh Groban, classic rock ... most everything except hip-hop and funk.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like bright colors, most every one in the rainbow. Earth-tones aren't my first choice.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married for 22 years, four kids (25, 21, 19 and 8) plus an American Eskimo dog, a tabby kitty and a beta fish!
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I like soft scarves and would love some homemade mittens!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I am in love with crocheting felted bags right now!
13. What are you knitting right now?
I am in the middle of a Spiderman Round Ripple Afghan for my daughter's college roommate, in addition to about 20 WIPs.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I absolutely ADORE handmade gifts. I so appreciate the time and energy it takes.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I love working with wood hooks, especially hand carved.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes to both, but I haven't figured them out either! I just haven't taken the time with a recent move, etc.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
About 2 1/2 years, when I took up the craft again. It's a gorgeous snowflake afghan, but I'm disappointed because I left the ends too short to weave in (which my mother didn't teach me). I have to finish assembly the hexagon and I hate that part!
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas is probably my all time favorite holiday, since the whole world seems to come to a halt for a little bit of magic, whether or not you are religious.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
I love Mary Engelbreit collectibles, David Winter cottages, and pocket dragons; I'm also just starting to collect tea cups and saucers and WOULD love one from you!
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't have any subscriptions right now since my Crochet! just expired. I'd love a subscription to the new Interweave Crochet magazine. I have my eye on several Gourmet Crochet patterns like I'd love (Chocolate Sweets and Treats, Cupcake Tree, Amigurumi in the Garden, Natalie Collection felted purses), plus 12 Bags Fulled and Nicky Epstein's Knitted Flowers that I want to recreate in crochet.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'm intrigued with lace knitting and crocheting, entrelac and tapestry crochet.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I don't know how to use DPN ... I belong to crochet socks group and have yet to make one pair. I'll post my foot measurements as soon as I know what parts to measure!
23. When is your birthday?
May 30, 1965
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Hah ... I'm #18671 and there are 9827 people ahead of me. Talk to me next summer!