Sunday, December 26, 2010

It's Boxing Day


We've had such a lovely holiday. Friday the whole family made it home to celebrate - all four kiddos, one of the girls' boyfriends, and Mike's mom and her husband. We did have an itty-bittywrinkle. Mike had an oversleep (I guess he was just exhausted) and missed picking up his bus at 5:00 AM so had to work an alternate shift and wasn't able to be with us for dinner and gift exchange. So, we packed his dinner and exchange gift, and made a visit to him at a Clackamas Town Center Tri-Met break room for Christmas Eve. He really wanted to see me open my big gift so we brought that and I received a new Toshiba Netbook from my son - so sweet!! It's super-fast and portable. Loving it!



I received this sweet thank you package from Madelyn .... handmade potholder, embellished hand towels, and this gorgeous reversible full apron - I wore this on Christmas Day making our family breakfast!

I have been very busy wrapping up my swaps this month ... the last one barely made it out of the house on time but I did it. Memo to self - no December swaps next year! (Well, maybe - they are addictive.)

This was the Elf package I sent out in the final Year of Enchantment package. I made up the little crocheted elf bootie pattern and I kinda like it.


This is my FIRST Mug Rug ever, and it was for Aunt Pitty Pat's swap. I made this one for Jacquie and, even though I stressed out, I really like it.

This half apron I made for Sue's Christmas swap for Xochitl at Apron Crazy. I really like this peppermint candy fabric, especially with the toy soldiers.

This reversible apron is made from Lucy's Sassy Apron pattern for Monica in my apron swap - her partner couldn't finish the swap so I angeled her package. I've had this pink fabric for a while and love the little retro kiddos cooking. Monica is a new mommy so I thought she'd like it, too. The back side is rosebud stars on black, just striking, and the green is my mandatory snowflake element. Her tuck-ins spelled SANTA but no picture.


This apron is the one I made for my partner Cynthia in my Frosted Flurries Flirty Apron Swap. The pattern is a new "retro" one Butterick B5435 with the contrast pockets. Cynthia posted the sweetest slideshow of my package HERE.

I made up a couple of these silly Christmas beefcake half aprons. I'm late but am sending two to Mike's great-grandma and her best friend - they get my humor!

We are now just spending quiet time at home. Tara is in Eugene with her boyfriend's family, Tess is in Roseburg with HER boyfriend's family, and Mike and Trevor are both working long days. Little T and I have spent the past few days hunkered down at home, watching videos, playing games, reading, and napping. Hmm, must be vacation time.

I hope you are having a blessed Christmas weekend. Lotsa love!

LINKED UP AT APRONISTA

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...