Wednesday, December 08, 2010

"Community" Christmas Episode Review

NBC's "Community," a smart comedy series about a band of misfits who attend Greendale Community College.

At the center of the group is Jeff Winger (Joel McHale, "The Soup"), a fast-talking lawyer whose degree has been revoked. With some help from his fellow classmates, Winger forms a study group that eventually learns more about themselves than their course work.

Also among the series stars who comprise the group are: comedy legend Chevy Chase ("Chuck") as Pierce, a man whose life experience has brought him infinite wisdom; Gillian Jacobs ("The Book of Daniel") as Britta, the 20-something dropout with something to prove; Yvette Nicole Brown ("Rules of Engagement") as Shirley, a sassy middle-aged divorcée;Danny Pudi ("Greek") as Abed, a pop culture junkie; Alison Brie("Mad Men") as Annie, a high-strung perfectionist; Donald Glover ("30 Rock") as Troy, a former high school football star trying to find his way, and Ken Jeong ("The Hangover") as Señor Chang.


Here's a glimpse behind the scenes of this week's animated episode:

I've never watched "Community" before. I have to tell you that this seems like a program that my 28yo son would really like ... sarcastic, witty, worldly.

I DID like watching the stop-motion claymation, so reminiscent of the Rudolph movie of my childhood. So, while this might not be on my regular DVR schedule, I think there is definitely a segment of the population that will really enjoy this Christmas episode!! Check it out tomorrow night, Thursday (12/9) at 8 pm EST/ 7pm CST.

All opinions are 100% my own. No monetary compensation was received. I am entered to win a gift card through One2One Network by participating with my review.

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...