Monday, June 21, 2010

Starting an Addiction?

So, I am currently part of the 1% of the US population that doesn't drink coffee (not counting those that abstain for religious purposes). (OK, I made up that statistic. Did you know that 80% of the statistics are made up? umm, made up that one too. (; ) I 've tried drinking coffee several times over the years because my hubby really likes it, but it's just so darned bitter.

Well, I'm getting older (45!) and really feel like I've slowed down over the past year or so. (I know the fact that I'm not eating right or exercising has nothing to do with it.) Just feeling sluggish, a lot. I've decided that I need more caffeine than my can of Diet Pepsi is providing. I'm behind all these "whipper-snappers" who are chugging cup after double-shot-cup of java. Everyone is running circles around me, in my little mind.

So, today, for the second day in a row, I had a White Chocolate Soy Mocha in an attempt to add a little buzz to my life. But goodness, who can afford the calories AND the price? Today's was almost $5 and I could barely get through half of it in the three hours before lunch! It wasn't BAD but not yummy either.

So, I don't know if this is gonna work .....

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Shawnee..I don't do coffee in any style or shape or taste!Just letting you know you are not alone.
Eat more protein..it will stretch your sugar level and you willfeel like you have more energy.That is what I do. I also started taking fish oil about 3 months ago..and we have noticed..I hardly need any afternoon rest time..and I seem to have more energy. It can't hurt.
Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Rogue Wild said...

I am going through this too! Only I had to stop drinking energy drinks and I'm trying to find a replacement...so far its not working out well...I dumped out 90% of the coffee I made, it was awful =o( I've tried over the last 15 or so years to try to like coffee, but its just awful...I hope you have better luck than I do

Jenna Z said...

Ew, no! I don't drink that horrible black stuff either! I LIKE a little slower pace, not racing around like a loon, high on java. Right after college I tried to like coffee because EVEYONE in the world drinks it! Frankly, I don't know how, it's terrible! I'm secure in my non-coffee lifestyle now, I'll take a hot cocoa if I need to curl up and keep warm. To wake up in the morning I do a smoothie OR an egg on toast. Cindy's right, protein keeps your body firing on all cylinders, it won't leave you hanging like coffee will.

Quiltingranny said...

If you really want to have something...run down to your local 7-11, pick up a can of their French Vanilla coffee mix ($2.99 for the entire can) & make your own at home. It is more like a mellow hot chocolate & far cheaper than SBucks! I don't find it bitter and I can't drink regular coffee anymore, my stomach rebels!

CJ @CJinKY said...

I don't think you should even TRY to go down the coffee addiction road. If you want more energy, work out in the mornings, and make breakfast your largest meal.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...