Broccoli Bud Soup Recipe
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 cups coarsely chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup cooked macaroni
- dash nutmeg
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt (garnish)
- Place carrots, celery, onions, garlic, marjoram, basil and stock in medium size saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover, simmer for 10 minutes. Add the milk and broccoli. Return to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Add macaroni and nutmeg and heat through.
- Remove some broccoli buds from the soup and set aside.
Place remaining soup in a blender and process on low speed, until the soup is smooth. Return soup to pot with reserved broccoli buds and heat through.Use an immersion stick blender until soup is desired consistency. Serve.