Sunday, November 05, 2006

International Tote Exchange Finished





What a fun exchange! You can check out all the action here. I made a tote for MizMikey in North Dakota, who requested copper and rust with accents. I found some gorgoues handles so created a crocheted tote and then felted bag that I really love. I had so much fun searching out lots of goodies to add in the box. AND, I think I made a new friend.

MizMikey is a great lady with three daughters just like me, a cooking interest and an open heart. The fact that she already has a grandbaby and can knit just makes me more proud that she's my friend.

I got my wonderful surprise on a blustery day -- a marvelous felted tote from down under!!! My 7yDD is so enchanted with my bag, saying it's so soft she wants to wear it. No way!! It's a knitted tote called a French Market Bag made with two gorgeous shades of purple. I've added a plastic shoe box as a stabilizer and then my yarn assortment for a new freeform project. My partner also does freeform, and added scrumbles to each side of the tote. Very original! Thanks so much, Judy/Jody.

This was one of the most elaborate exchanges, with lots of great postings and pictures ... intrigue, since I kept my identity a secret and so did my Aussie partner; lots of originality came through on the list; and, I have a couple of projects I want to do, so really need to learn to knit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...